The Hello Kitty Say Hello Palettes retail for $38.50 CAD (US Prices are not available to me at this time). They will be available in Sephora stores and online at Sephora.com in Mid-January.
The palette comes in a white double compact with a mirror underneath the lid. The lid is in the shape of Hello Kitty's head with a large silver-metal bow. The lid is more of an opal colour while the rest of the compact is a stark white. Overall the packaging is quite nice and feels solid in your hand. It doesn't feel cheap or flimsy. Though I still wouldn't go dropping it on the floor any time soon.
The top layer of the compact comes with four eyeshadows. In Super Fun Colours, these colours are a mixture of dark neutrals and purples. The colours included with Super Fun Colours include...
- Sugar Plum is a soft, pink-toned lilac. It's light enough to be used as a highlight but still has enough colour to function as a proper shadow as well. Sweet Plum has a gentle sheen to it that is noticeable when it catches light at the right angle.
- Sweet Plum is a rich violet purple that have flecks of silver glitter running throughout it. The glitter is definitely noticeable in the applied shadow but it not overdone and I noticed no fallout from it during use.
- Raindrop is the holy grail of this palette. It is a rich, smoky silver-grey that feels like butter when applied. It has the slightest sheen to it that adds depth to the shadow itself. This is fantastic colour and definitely has it's place in my collection.
- Goodnight Dreams is a deep black with multicoloured glitter throughout. Upon first glance it reminded me of Sugarpill's Stella Chromalust, though the difference being that the Hello Kitty shadow is pressed and Sugarpill's is loose. This colour is of medium pigmentation and can be built up to a darker black. This colour applies richer over a base.
The shadows are a beautiful consistency, especially Raindrop. It's by far one of my favourite shadows I've tried in recent memory. If you like Hello Kitty or are impressed by other Sephora Originals shadows, I'd definitely recommend checking out the Say Hello Palettes.
The second layer of this compact has four lip glosses. They appear very bright and colourful in the pan but apply very sheerly with very little of the bright colour in the application of the gloss. The colours included with the Super Fun Colours include...
- Snow Flake is Hello Kitty's 'clear' gloss. Which can't really be said for it due to the fact that all of these glosses are extremely sheer and can pretty much be counted as clear glosses. But the sparkle provided in this particular gloss is just enough to have a bit of glimmer and that slight gloss to the lips.
- Strawberry Cookie looks in the pan like a deep muted burgundy colour, but very little of this colour actually follows through to the application. There is no glitter in this particular gloss.
- Pink Confetti is a hot bright pink colour in it's pan, but again, comes out quite sheer with only a tint of the colour seen in the pan showing through in application.
- Sweet Plum shows up once more in this palette in lip gloss form, however this time the pigmentation is low (noticing a trend in Hello Kitty glosses yet?). This gloss has flecks of silver running through it's violet based. While the glitter shows up nicely in application, again, only a touch of the actual colour is visible.
The glosses are a little disappointing when you look at them and expect bright, fun gloss colours. However if you're not a fan of opaque glosses, these will be your new favourite glosses. They aren't sticky, they lasted a good amount of time for a non-sticky gloss (I usually find they last about 2 - 3 hours). They glosses have a berry scent to them but they lack a flavour.
Changes I would've like to see made would be a couple of blushes in the second compartment instead of glosses or possibly a cream liner or two and a blush. I often find I don't use glosses in palettes because I'm not a big fan of glosses in pans or pots.
Overall I found this palette to be well worth the money and I will definitely be picking up the other palette when the full collection launches in a couple of weeks.
Head past the break for photos and overall ratings!
The Palette Boxed
The Palette unboxed
The mirror and top layer of the compact.
Close up of the shadows
Top row - Sugar Plum, Sweet Plum
Bottom row - Raindrop, Goodnight Dreams
The two layers of the compact open
A close up of the lip glosses
Top row - Snow Flake, Strawberry Cookie
Bottom row - Pink Confetti, Sweet Plum
Swatches of the eyeshadows, from left to right (all over Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden)...
Sugar Plum, Sweet Plum, Raindrop, and Goodnight Dream
Swatches of the lip glosses, from left to right...
Snow Flake, Strawberry Cookie, Pink Confetti, Sweet Plum
Product - 22/25
Pricing - 7/10
Packaging - 7/10
Usability - 4/5
Pricing - 7/10
Packaging - 7/10
Usability - 4/5
Total = 40/50